Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Some past pictures of our house in Minnesota




I was looking through some older pictures and found some of our 100 year old house when we lived in Minnesota. I miss the charm of our former home. It was hard for me to have to move into a newer house (split level built in mid eighties). I have made it very cottagy, but for me it's just not the same. Some day when the kids are grown and out we will make the move back to an older home. Most older homes just don't have enough space, are hard to maintain, or so nice that they're not in our price range.
I hope you enjoy these pictures...I've gone in certain stages. I really use to like bright yellow and I've mellowed down a bit. It's fun to see how I have changed in taste of decor.
God Bless and everyone have a good week.

5 comments:

  1. You are so right about older homes. Our home was built in 1865.... Other than plumbing & wiring updates & a sunroom in 1997 it is pretty much as it was then. Yes, it is hard to maintain but we really Love it. I try to imagine all the families that lived here, how they dressed etc. Amazing....
    Nice post!
    Love,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to have a vintage house real bad, maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. I've always wanted to live in an older home. They have so much vintage charm that you just don't get in the cookie cutter houses that are built these days.

    Where about's in Minnesota did you live? I'm a Minnesota girl myself and still live in the suburbs of Minneapolis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed that you can have a home like that with all those boys!!

    Hey, this is Shanygne (Shannon) Gullickson, Kevin's wife! He's been talking about you for like a week and sent my your blog!! I hope we'll get to know each other! Can't wait to meet you in person. Did K tell you we will be up there in a couple weeks (Just for a visit)..?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Came acrossed your blog and thought I'd leave a commment. I find it to be true also on how much my likes change so quickly with decorating my home. That is why I try to stay somewhat to a classical style. Congrats on your baby boy #5!

    ReplyDelete