Monday, May 3, 2010

Flea Market Pictures From This Weekend




What a weekend! I've worked so hard and I am so exhausted. This weekends flea market was a total bust. I didn't even make my rent. I don't know what happened. We had so much stuff going on this past weekend, so I think that really hurt the flea market. Alot of my regular customers were not there...so that didn't help me out. I'm really frustrated at this point because last month and this month have not been good for me. I'm hoping things look up with a show I'm doing in June and I heard of a place to set up for the 4th where about 10,000 people come through for the parade in this town. Keeping my fingers crossed for better things to come.
I wanted to show a couple pictures of my booth. Of course my camera wasn't charged and so it died as I started taking pictures. Story of my life. That should of been a foreshadow of things to come for that weekend! LOL

8 comments:

  1. sooo sorry, your booth looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be proud, your booth looked great! Nothing you can do if people don't show. Keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree your stuff looks great, sorry for the bad weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your booth looks wonderful, I love that rose painting! Keep at it and don't give up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!
    I just found your blog and thinks its wonderful! If I was at that fleamarket I'd surely have snapped up your shabby green table and what looks to be a green cake cover . . . and a couple other things :-))
    Our local antique market was really slow past weekend also. I've signed up as a follower and will check in again! I"m a new blogger and I love to have you stop by and take a peek!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great display! I am sure everyone has buyers regret!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry you're flea market was so disappointing. My daughter and I have a permanent booth at an antique/flea market open 7 days a week type places. Our March sales were 1/2 of February's and April sales were only 1/2 of what March's had been! I don't get it - we've got great stuff at great prices just as it looks like you did. My only guess is that now that the weather's better, people are doing home/garden work instead of shopping.
    Let's hope it gets better! Stay strong - have faith!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachel, I ran across you on craigslist, I cannot wait to visit your shop. I love all the things you listed on your profile. I have many blogs I follow and dream to go to their decorating shops, didn't know you were in my backyard. I am adding you to my favorites! Love love love the green table on your blog. Will visit you soon, http://rachael-myssp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete