Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Chalkboards and some whimsy





I've been keeping busy with the boys home on summer break. Hayden started summer school this week (3 days a week/mornings). It's good for him...he needs the structure. Other then that I haven't had too much time to do creative things. I have made 2 chalkboards this week. They sell well at the shop, so I just keep making them. One of the chalkboards I made is almost 5 feet tall. It's a one of a kind piece with an ornate frame I painted white and distressed. I also recently made myself a chalkboard for my kitchen. They are always fun to have around the house. I'm also including some photos of fun and whimsical things around my house. Have a good week everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Love the chalkboards! I have the supplies to make one myself, just add it to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to learn to make those! They are super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd planned on making some chalk boards to take to farm chicks, but I just never got around to it. Yours are lovely! Hope you're having a good week!

    Hugs,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just Love the chalkboards!! Hope they sell good for you!!
    Have a Wonderful Day!
    Hugs,
    Marilyn
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. how did you even find time to do that??? i'm struggling to find time to sleep!!
    love the chalkboards. love your house.
    hang in there this summer. arek has summer school too.
    i'm still sick. ack
    take care.....
    s

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you are finding time for yourself. Love the chalkboards, but I especially love that round grate! If you are selling it too, just let me know! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Cheryl :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost bought the tall chalkboard yesterday at the cliff flea market, but then i realized it was cardboard....i was super sad b/c the humidity lately would ruin it! I bought the wire basket instead. i love your stuff! I bought your baby crib side gate a year ago, i use it so much for holding blankets. Love everything you do, so super cute!

    ReplyDelete