Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I made a duvet cover today!










Quick post...I have a baby who wants his mama! I made a duvet cover for my bed today out of vintage sheets. I snapped a couple quick photos of it. There are some pictures of the top of the duvet and I flipped it over so you could see the other side. This is a reversible duvet. Two looks for out of one duvet. It was my first attempt. It's definitely not perfect, but I am getting the hang of sewing and love making things for my home. Later today I will be listing some of my vintage sheets and pillowcases on Etsy and Ebay (user name chippy*cottage*charm). I have soooo many that I thought I could share some. I find them all the time! Lucky me! Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Your duvet cover is very pretty! You did a nice job on sewing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful! What a great job. Your gonna be sewing like crazy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Luvs me some old sheets!! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's pretty, and vintage sheets are just perfect for sleeping under in the summer time! I'm going to attempt to sew a duvet cover out of a vintage chenille bedspread & a thrifted sheet--wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete