Thursday, August 5, 2010

Some awesome finds



I took Hayden and McKale out today to a thrift store so we could get out of the house. We didn't find much at the thrift store which was disappointing and so busy! I took a different way home then the way I went to the thrift store. I saw a house with a bunch of boxes sitting in the yard and lots of vintage/old stuff. I turned around and got out of the car to ask the lady if they were having a sale. She said no, but if I saw something I wanted then make an offer. I found some neat stuff. A 60's or 70's wire dress form (it has other parts to it...stands up...I have to figure it out), an old fan, a metal pic-nic basket, Halloween light up blow mold, a childs projector with film, lotto game, an old lock, old chalk board, some oval frames, and an old metal cooler. That will be awesome as a planter or something since the top was missing. I also got an old toy from 1964, but it was in the house, so I didn't get a picture of it. I went to another garage sale and got a box of Halloween stuff and there is alot of vintage paper decorations. Most of those I will put on Ebay later on this fall. (Those aren't pictured either).


4 comments:

  1. you are like the NEW american picker....right? haha. you hit the mother load. can't wait to see what you do with it all!!! how do you take all those boys thrifting? i just have zoey and she drives me crazy!! you rule!!!
    love the new profile pic!
    have fun in the junk piles girl.
    s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds!! That's a cool cooler!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That green plaid ice chest makes me SWOON! I adore it! I have the same basket-weave picnic tin. What great finds!

    ReplyDelete